Saturday 8 December 2007

I'm A Sucker For Concepts.


This is a good'un. The Billion Dollar DJs sent me a very nice email and told me about their new creation, The MySpace Mix. The rules are, they make a big old mixtape exclusively from tracks they've downloaded low-quality off MySpace, with the artists' permission of course. The idea of it is enough for me, as far as I am concerned it could be so bad as to render it completely unlistenable and I'd probably still post it, but it's actually quite good as well.

DOWNLOAD:Billion Dollar Djs - The Myspace Mix (zShare)

And here's the tracklisting with links to all the featured artists' myspaces: (no individual mp3s, get them yourself!)

Frikstailers - Foonkie Boogie
Blackpool - Two Kids
Niyi - 808 Clap
MK303 - Floos (Remix B)
Blamma! Blamma! - Carry Me Home
Catherine Ferroyer-Blanchard - Tu Fais Le Malin
The Faint - iDisappear (Matthew Savant Mix)
Arrow!!! - D.O.E.S (Demo)
Pimp The System - PTS Anthem
Lismore - All That You Are
Snowden - Black Eyes (Le Castle Vania Remix)
The Twelves - I Feel Fine
Trippple Nippples - RIP Meat
Bitchee Bitchee Ya Ya Ya - Fuck Friend
Flamingo Crash - Yes? Yes? Yes?
Shoot Charlie - Boaster
The Genevan Heathen - Swagger (feat Omnikrom)
You Say Party! We Say Die! - The Gap (Between The Rich And The Poor)
SIBOT - 12345
Glass Candy - Digital Versicolor

ENJOY!



I have discovered a great new band, and because you are reading this, so have you. At my most recent Live Review I said I wasn't sure who the first band were, but I described their finale track as 'extremely danceable'. I wasn't joking. I first got hold of a Damn Shames mp3 from Good Weather For Airstrikes M3 Volume 16, and I have been hooked ever since. With a playful guitar riff and just a very generally upbeat tune, this is a song that is just about perfect.

DOWNLOAD: Damn Shames - Dancing In The Aisles (zShare)

No comments: